Friday, September 30, 2011

You're doing what??

Im doing Michelle Bridges Huggies 12 week body transformation (12wbt).

But why? You've just had a baby, you dont need to go on a diet!

That was the initial reaction I received from a close friend when I told her about my plans. Thankfully it wasn't the most common reaction from my loved ones.

So here we are, at the start of something big, something new, something mine! So who am I? Well Im mummy to two beautiful kidlets, Missy J is five this week and Mister M. is eight weeks old. I live in sunny Brisbane but am a bit of a nomad and as a family we move around a fair bit. Im also married to a very supportive fella and a student on hiatus (due to having Mister M.)

I had c-sections with both and pregnancy with Mister M. was kinda rough. I was pretty devo when I missed out on doing the regular Round 3 of 12wbt as I was still under the six week recovery mark  from the c-section. So when I heard about the Huggie's Round through a friend I signed up the next day, feeling kinda sick, very excited and a bit unsure!

Its taken me a week to write my first post on here because life is pretty hectic! So far I am on day six of the 12wbt and am already feeling the difference in my body and mind.

So why am I doing the 12wbt? For lots of reasons.

I am overweight. I have 20kgs to lose and looking forward to losing the majority of those on this round of 12wbt.

I am unfit. Like really really unfit. I wasnt able to exercise for most of my pregnancy due to a totally screwed pelvis (which is feeling much better, thanks for asking ;o) ) so regaining my fitness and being able to run again is high on the priority list.

I dont want to be a  "frazzled mum". We all have days when we get frazzled and feel overwhelmed, thats more than normal. However even before I gave birth to Mister M I was starting to feel overwhelmed. My life had no routine, my daughter had no routine and I had no outlet. I want healthy eating and working out to be ingrained in my life and in the lives of my babies. Its of absolute paramount importance to me.

After having two kids, supporting my husband in his career which  includes lengthy times alone and interstate moves and  some health issues that involve poking and prodding I feel like it is finally FINALLY my turn! Im ultimately for me, because I deserve to be healthy and happy within my own skin.

Thanks for checking out my blog! Stay tuned as I document my journey on the Huggies 12wbt

No comments:

Post a Comment